The Contemporary Health Issues nursing continuing professional development course explores common lifestyle-related illnesses in modern society. This online nursing CPD is increasingly relevant as you come across many individuals suffering from poor health and pathophysiological conditions throughout your nursing career as a result of a rising number of co-morbidities.
Although the life expectancy for most Australians is amongst the world’s longest, lifestyle factors are resulting in particular environmental circumstances that ultimately play a role in decreasing quality of life and contributing to poorer health.
As you progress through this nursing CPD course, you will develop a strong understanding of common contemporary health topics affecting our population, including:
• Increasing rates of obesity and diabetes mellitus amongst adults and children.^
• Groups with lower health outcomes, such as our Indigenous population.^^
• Impact of Australia’s ageing population and the associated risk of disease (e.g. cancer).*
• The role of stress and its influence on disease.
As a nursing CPD course, Contemporary Health Issues assists in developing your knowledge of these health conditions, how they impact the whole body and the strategies implemented by Australian health services to address them. Benefit from the practice questions and practical reflective tasks offered by this continuing professional development course to support your nursing career.
Successful completion of this online learning module accumulates one hour of continuing professional development points for nurses.
Content for this nursing continuing professional development course is derived from “Introduction to Contemporary Health Issues” by Christopher Gordon and Judy Craft in Understanding Pathophysiology by Craft, Gordon, Tiziani, Huether, McCance, Brashers and Rote (2011).
Recommended CPD courses:
• ^ Learn more about obesity and diabetes with this Nursing CPD course: http://www.nursepoint.com.au/obesity-and-diabetes-mellitus
• ^^ Learn more about Indigenous health and wellbeing with this Nursing CPD course: http://www.nursepoint.com.au/indigenous-health-issues-in-australia
• * Learn more about Australia’s ageing population and associated health risks with this Nursing CPD course: http://www.nursepoint.com.au/public-health-for-an-ageing-society-2013-update